- You should receive an email titled “New Portal Account with Ravalli Family Medicine”. It will contain a username, a temporary password, and a link.
- Click the link in the email and use the provided username and temporary password to sign in to Updox. Type the username EXACTLY as it appears in the email, even if your name or a word is misspelled. You can change your username later if necessary.
- Copy and paste the initial password from the email into the password box and log in.
- You will be immediately prompted to change your password. Change it to something only you know and that you will remember.
- You will be required to verify your identity by entering your birthdate. It must match the birthdate we have listed in your medical chart.
- You should now have access to Updox!
Don’t know how to copy and paste? Just highlight the temporary password provided in the email. Right-click over it and on the drop down menu that appears, click “copy”. Then return to the login page opened from the link and right-click in the password box. Choose “paste” from the drop down menu. Your temporary password should appear in the box EXACTLY as it appears in the email.
- Click the Messages tab on the left side of your Updox screen.
- Click the + Send Message button. A new message will appear on the right side of your screen.
- Click the drop-down menu on the top to select a recipient. You can message any RFM staff member, and all staff check their messages continually throughout the workday. Selecting “Ravalli Family Medicine” will message all four providers.
- Type your message in the message box. Add a file attachment in the bottom right corner if necessary.
- Click Send.
- Any replies will be accessible through your Updox portal. You will get a notification email anytime a staff member messages your portal. You can view messages in the Messages tab or by clicking View Details on any new message under the My Notifications box in your Updox home screen.
Requesting an appointment:
NOTE: This feature allows you to request an appointment at a time that is convenient to you. YOU ARE NOT SCHEDULING YOUR OWN APPOINTMENT. You have not been scheduled until your request has been reviewed by our staff and your appointment information appears on the right side of your Appointments screen under Upcoming Appointments.
- Go to the Appointments tab on the left side of your Updox screen. A column will appear that is titled Waitlist.
- Select Ravalli Family Medicine under the Where drop-down menu.
- Select your provider’s name from the With drop-down menu.
- Beside When, First Available will be checked by default. If you would rather request an appointment on a certain day, uncheck the First Available box. This will allow you to choose a date and time for your request. Please keep in mind your provider may not be available at the date or time you request; the less specific your request, the more likely we will be able to accommodate it.
- Click in the Notes text box to type a message to our staff letting us know why you feel you need to be seen.
- Click Request Waitlist. A message box stating Success will pop up letting you know your request has been sent.
- Please be patient. We try to check our Wait List requests every morning. If you have not been scheduled within two business days of your request, call our office to follow up.
Granting access to a family member:
- Click the Account tab at the bottom left of your Updox screen.
- Click Family Access.
- If your family member DOES NOT have access to Updox already (because they are not a patient of Ravalli Family Medicine), use the Create a New User section to create an account for them with their own username and password. Enter an expiration date if you want to limit their access to a temporary period of time.
- If your family member DOES have access to Updox already (because they are another Ravalli Family Medicine patient), use the Grant an Existing User Access section. Have them enter their existing username and password to gain access to your record as well as their own. Enter an expiration date if you want to limit their access to a temporary period of time.
- Switch between your record and that of a family member by clicking the Family tab on the left side of your Updox screen. Your account, and that of any family members to whom you have access, will be listed.
- Change your username, password, or account settings: click the Account tab at the bottom left of your screen and select My Profile.
- Search for records from a certain day or date range: click the Health tab on the left side of your screen, then type a date or range in the boxes at the upper right of the screen and click Submit.